Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Top Five Tips On...

So, this last week our fearless dictator, er, leader decided our post for this week would be our top five tips on WHATEVER. Should be simple, huh? I mean we all have advice about something, right? Yeah. I'm sure that's why it's taken me until THIS VERY MOMENT to come up with something.

So, without further wallowing, I give you my Top Five Tips On...

Going to New Orleans with ME!

1.  DO NOT BRING A PURSE OR BAG!--seriously, I'm in no mood to a) get in a fight with some street urchin to try to get your things back (i.e.--your money, your wallet, your credit cards, your whatever.) and b) I like to avoid any and all contact with the NOPD. (some of them people are worse than the crooks and I've no desire to stay in booking until I can see a judge. No Thank You!)


2.  Park in Bella Luna.--if I drive, this is not a worry. We will be parking there, every time. If you drive, I'll nag you until you park where I told you, so it works out.

3.  Be prepared to walk.--MY parking lot is in the middle of everything. So, we will be doing a fair amount of walking. This means do not...let me repeat that...DO NOT wear high heels, or flip flops, or anything else that will cause blisters, or whining, or will be lost. The last thing you want is to be barefooted in the Quarter. You have NO idea what's on those streets or sidewalks, but I bet if you try really hard, you can guess.  *shudders* Gross!

4.  Be ready to dance!--we will most definitely end up in the Bourbon Pub at some point. Love this bar, but you better not be claustrophobic or haphephobic because it has very limited space around the bars, and you will be extremely intimate with everyone in the place before you leave. Right, Mo-Mo? LOL

5.  Bring money!--you will need money, of course, because we will go eat, and have drinks, but more importantly, we will be going to my friends' shop. The Bourbon Pride is ALWAYS on my list of things to do. If I'm in the Quarter, I'm going to visit Josh Duffy and Joseph Hart. I love these two. HARD! The shop is a great place. There are pictures of the shop, inside and out, on my Facebook page. Josh is a doll and Joseph is a sweetheart. Between them, Danny Johns, and Patti Logan, I'm surprised I have any money at all...Oh, wait! I'm broke!  Never mind. 

So that's my top five tips. Maybe next time, I'll clue you in on where to eat. Or maybe not. Some of my favorite places are getting overrun by people who watch the Food Network. I haven't had a decent oyster since the season started. (Dammit!)

Be sure to check out the top five tips from  J.P. Barnaby, Jeff Adkins, Joelle Casteel, Monique Thompson, and Patricia Logan (if she remembers, or if Jeffiekins yells and screams enough.LOL)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kage. It only took me until this morning to come up with something. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am so bummed that i didn't really get to explore when I was down there. I just spent the night in Club New Orleans. Bad, Just Bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year, by god! You and Pumpkin need to come hang out with me and Mo! LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. *peers over CR's shoulder*
      What'cha doing there, missy? lol

      Delete
  4. great and good fun- I would make sure to pack clothes with pockets just to make things easier :) I also hate parking so walking everywhere to avoid having to park a car repeatedly is just perfect :D.

    ReplyDelete