Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Problems and their solutions

It's that time once again, and as it seems to be my current trend, I'm running late. This week the wonderful Jeff Adkins has presented us with, personally, a bit of a challenge. I'm noticing a pattern here...*eyes Jeffiekins*

Topic Tuesday is taking a look at the adage "When a problem arises, so does the solution." 

We face problems every day. We also manage to find a way through, around, over, or under them. Most of us share similar difficulties--from bills to illness and all things in between. Some people seem to have an ease with dealing with whatever may arise in their lives. The phrase "Fall in shit and come out smelling like a rose" is what I remember from childhood being associated with people who seemed to be able to bounce back and recover from anything life tossed at them. 

I've never felt like one of those people. I've also never been a person to have blind faith in anything. Not myself, not anything in my life, and definitely not in an unseen deity. It doesn't help that I suffer from depression. I say this because depression will make anything seem much worse than what it actually is. 

I've racked my brain this morning to come up with examples of problems I've faced in my life and overcome, but I'm coming up empty. Don't give me that look. I know we all face problems and we find some type of solution for them, but I can't think of anything that stands out for me to point at and say "This was my problem (whenever) and this was how I handled it." 

I suppose as I sit here typing this I can say depression has been a problem I've faced. How have I handled it? It differs every time, but I'm still here. So even though I've seen rock bottom, I know I have the strength to stay and fight. Sometimes, it doesn't seem worth it, but that's usually when I'm at rock bottom. 

I've faced having a mother who is narcissistic. I read Joelle's post this morning and I salute her strength. My relationship with my mother is nonexistent. I have had no contact with her for four years now. I tried. It was killing me. Life with a narcissist will get you one thing--as crazy as they are. 

So, I know there are problems. I know there are solutions. I guess, for the most part, I exist. One day flows into the next and whatever has to be handled, or dealt with, or overcome is done in whatever fashion is available at that moment. 

Maybe in my next life things will be different. Maybe I'll be different. Who's to say?

Until next time,
Peace Up

Be sure to check out the Usual Suspects and their take on Problems and Solutions here.

8 comments:

  1. Depression can change an outlook drastically. The important part is that even if you can't pinpoint a certain problem or solution- at least you are facing them regardless. You don't have to remember to overcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that reminder. It is easy to forget we are overcoming no matter how we go about it.

      Delete
  2. Ahh my dear sister you know I know your problem. When it comes to your "Mother" run run run ...pass go collect your two hundred and don't look back. Great post my dear Sophia"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy! I know you understand. *HUGS*

      Delete
  3. I just want to give you a great big hug! You are so much stronger than you realize and I am proud to call you friend! Go watch the sunset on the Gulf for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that hug as soon as you come down here and we can go watch the sunset together!

      Delete
  4. thanks, Kimber. I've had plenty of times were I felt it was out of weakness, ease that I just put up with my mother. As I was reading along, I started to think- hey, but you've overcome depression and then you talked about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's all about the perspective and you've got that mastered beautifully. =)

    ReplyDelete